The Word encourages church leaders to think worthily of God, His Word and His world through a study of the basic doctrines of the Christian faith.
Your leaders will develop and clarify biblical convictions based on biblical support which will result in life transformation and lifelong learning.
Bible Doctrine by Wayne Grudem is required as a text for this study and should be purchased separately.
Audience: Pastors, Elders, Governing Boards, Deacons, Emerging Leaders and Lay Leaders.
Purpose: To help leaders clarify their own theological beliefs
in aspects of core orthodox Christian doctrines with an understanding of the scriptural basis and transformational power of these foundational
Achieve: A solid foundation for leadership based on biblical principles, character development and ministry skills.
Table of Contents:
The Learning Process
Part One: Who God Is — His Word and His Nature?:
- Issue One: Theology — Why Should Church Leaders Study Theology?
- Issue Two: The Word — Why is the Bible our Final Authority?
- Issue Three: God's Attributes — How Can We Know God More Accurately and Intimately?
- Issue Four: The Trinity — How Can We Understand the Triunity of God?
- Issue Five: The Son of God — Why do We Need to be Clear on the Person of Christ?
- Issue Six: Holy Spirit — What is the Spirit's Role in Our Day?
Part Two: What God Does — His Creation and Redemption?:
- Issue Seven: Humanity — What are the Effects of "The Fall"?
- Issue Eight: Salvation — Why is God's Salvation so Great?
- Issue Nine: The Church — Why Should We Love God's New Community?
- Issue Ten: Sanctification — How Can We be Holy in a Sinful World?
- Issue Eleven: Angels and Satan — How Should We Relate to God's Agents and Opponents?
- Issue Twelve: God's Future Plans — What Do You Believe About the End Times?
- Additional Information
Body Paper Type 0.00474 INCH Binding COIL Cover Paper Type 0.0090 INCH ISBN 2010000331309 Width 8.5 INCH Pages 260