Investigates the foundational aspects of church leadership with the conviction that everything flows out of being a spiritual servant.
Leaders will examine topics such as the essence of leadership, authority and leaders as team-players. Then, they will address pragmatic issues such as mentoring, delegation, and equipping the next generation.
This “character first” course is essential for existing and emerging leaders.
Audience: Pastors, Elders, Governing Boards, Deacons, Emerging Leaders and Lay Leaders.
Purpose: To explore the essence of church leadership and develop life-changing convictions about what it means to be a spiritual servant leader conformed to the image of Christ.
Achieve: A solid foundation for leadership based on biblical principles, character development and ministry skills.
Table of Contents:
The Learning Process
Part One: Essence — What is the nature of Church leadership?:
- Issue One: The Essence of Leadership — What does Church Leadership Involve?
- Issue Two: Spirituality — How Can Church Leaders Maintain Authentic Spirituality?
- Issue Three: Character, Part One: Maturity — How Can Leaders Develop Mature Christlike Character?
- Issue Four: Character, Part Two: Credibility — How Can Church Leaders Ensure They are Above Reproach?
- Issue Five: Authority — How Can a Church Leader Be a Servant Yet Have Authority?
- Issue Six: Teamwork — Why Does a Church Leader Need to be a Team Player?
Part Two: Role — What is the work of Church leadership?:
- Issue Seven: Shepherding, Part One — How do Church Leaders Care for the Flock?
- Issue Eight: Shepherding, Part Two — How Should Church Leaders Protect the Flock?
- Issue Nine: Leading, Part One — How Can Church Leaders Develop a Compelling Vision?
- Issue Ten: Leading, Part Two — How Should Church Leaders Manage the Vision?
- Issue Eleven: Equipping, Part One — How Can Church Leaders Equip the Next Generation?
- Issue Twelve: Equipping, Part Two — How Can Church Leaders Bring all People to Maturity?
- Additional Information
Body Paper Type 0.00474 INCH Binding PERFECT Cover Paper Type 0.0090 INCH ISBN 2010000331194 Width 8.5 INCH Pages 284